Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pesty PEST-X-san by Kotobukiya review

Recently ordered a Kotobukiya PEST-X-san figure from Hobby Japan for a relatively cheap price of RM116 including shipping. I saw one for sale for RM128 here.

Anyway the package was recieved by I in about 5 days. Came in a nice big box with lots of padding(snicker).

The box art for the figure is pretty nice. Don't have a picture though, sorry.

Image Hosted by Facebook.com
I just won't get tired about saying that I can't believe that there's a PEST-X-san in there.

Image Hosted by Facebook.com
Butter tocks. Mmm. ♥

Image Hosted by Facebook.com
I wonder what this curvy piece is supposed to be.

Image Hosted by Facebook.com
Yes. I am taking full advantage of the situation.

Image Hosted by Facebook.com
Hmm 1:1 scale is right! That USB port looks pretty much like the one that I can plug my printer cable into.

Image Hosted by Facebook.com
Pretty sure that this is intentional but: AARGH COCKROACH.

Image Hosted by Facebook.com
Cute and sexy cockroach. ♥

Image Hosted by Facebook.com


Image Hosted by Facebook.com

I think something went wrong during assembly, I can't seem to be able to pull down her scarf without first removing the two front leather jacket pieces. Now you are able to see her wicked grin.

The figure is nice and adorable and it looks good even without paint detailing. However, posing the figure is quite difficult. You won't be able to pose her without dropping a few other pieces in the process. Me not having plastic glue may have something to do with this.

Posing is also quite limited due to the way her joints work. I'm not sure whether because this is a humanoid character so the joints aren't able to bend as properly as Bandai's gundams or not. Therefore poses such as the above need a helping hand(har).

Image Hosted by Facebook.com

Overall nicely designed figure/model but posing is really difficult due to the amount of clothing and other apparel on her. A lot of her costume and even hair contribute to the imbalance of the model making it quite hard to get her to stand nicely on your desk-top. At least for me. That amateur hobby kit builder guy.  

Sniff.

Not loading? View on Facebook!


No comments: