Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Unpacking the 501st Legion

Here to kick-start the blog is the unpacking of the 501st Legion Clone Trooper by Hasbro. Bought for RM36.90 at KLCC Isetan. That translates to about $10.00. Does that mean it's cheaper if you are living on an American income?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Anyway, in the front you can see the Join The Clone Troopers "identification card" that is included only with the 501st Legion trooper package.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I haven't watched The Clone Wars yet but I'm going to go ahead and assume that the guy in the center is Captain Rex of the five-oh-first legion. I was actually looking for a Captain Rex and when I browsed through the collection case in which they stored the rest of the items which they couldn't fit on the shelves, I saw a blue helmet and thought it was Captain Rex. But he didn't have his skirt on so I looked down the list at the back to see which I've got.

The 501st Legion wasn't listed at the back so I guess I was lucky to get the guy when I found him. He looks way more awesome than a standard white clone trooper anyway.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After ripping open the thing, the shell comes off separtely from the clone trooper cardboard design on the back. And the shell keeps the trooper firmly in place. Good for transporting the thing around with its weapons. Speaking of weapons, the trooper comes included with a blaster, a rifle and a spring-powered rocket launcher which actually fires the long spear-thingy to the left of it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After peeling the back board off you will realise it will act as a fairly good trick or treating disguise.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here's a picture of the 501st Legion recruitment card that I mentioned earlier on. The one on top is a duplicate card with instructions printed on it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is what you see at the back of the card. Not going to fill this up yet. Maybe after graduation.


No comments: